It happens to all of us – we’re pressed for time to get something together for dinner and everyone’s hungry. This is one of those super simple meals that I don’t feel guilty about because of the awesome organic ingredients I get from The Organic Box. (If you didn’t already know that I love The Organic Box, here are a few reasons why!) Not only that, but everyone, including my picky eater daughter, loves it! Here’s how I make easy bacon nachos and guacamole in a jiffy!
- 1 package of Serben's Organic Farm bacon
- ⅓ bag of Que Pasa organic tortilla chips - twist of lime
- L'ancetre organic marble cheddar cheese (small 200g stick)
- 2 organic avocados
- ½ tbsp Organic Fair granulated garlic
- squeeze of lime
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Neal Brothers organic salsa (mild or medium)
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Lay out the slices of bacon in a casserole dish or oven safe pan in a single layer.
- Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes until desired crispiness is achieved.
- While bacon is cooking, lay out the tortilla chips on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Grate the entire stick of cheese and sprinkle over the tortilla chips.
- Cut the avocados in half and scoop the meat out into a bowl.
- Add a squeeze of lime, the granulated garlic, and salt and pepper. Mash with a fork and mix together.
- Once the bacon is cooked, take it out of the oven and use paper towels to soak up the excess grease.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and sprinkle over the chips and cheese.
- Place back into the oven for 5-10 minutes, until cheese is melted to desired consistency.
- Remove from oven and serve with guacamole and salsa.
This is seriously one of my go-tos now because it’s so easy and so delicious. The hint of lime chips from Que Pasa really add that extra flavour (there is definitely some snacking happening while we’re waiting for the bacon to be done!). And the best part is that I trust the organic ingredients from The Organic Box so I know that my family is eating real, honest food.
Want to try this recipe with these organic ingredients? Use my promo code GREENMOMS to get $20 off your first order of $50 or more with The Organic Box!
What are your favourite nacho recipes?
(Disclosure: I am a brand ambassador with The Organic Box and receive a credit towards products to facilitate posts such as this one. No other compensation was received for this post.)