Sometimes thinking of what to give as gifts can be overwhelming – and also expensive. I love to DIY my own gifts when I can, to infuse them with my own creative flair. I personally love receiving handmade gifts because it means that the person giving it took some time and effort to make it!
1 – DIY Holiday Gifts Kids Can Make (buzzfeed)
Some of the ideas on this list are really creative and I haven’t seen anything like them before! Super fun and awesome to make for the special people in your lives. (Also I think some would be fun for adults to make too!)
2 -Make DIY SnowGlobes (The DIY Mommy)
Typically I’m not a fan of glitter, but I love how easy this craft is, and that you can re-use jars and old toys or figurines for it! And the glitter is contained to make it magical!
3 – Super Easy DIY Bath Salts & Sugar Scrubs (Juicy Green Mom)
4 – 50+ Handmade Green Gift Ideas (Totally Green Crafts)
This round-up of ideas has awesome ways you can reuse and repurpose all kinds of things into beautiful gifts, like beads, storage baskets and boxes, jewelry, accessories – a huge variety! You’re sure to find something cool here.
5 – 101 Green Handmade Gift Tutorials (Everything Etsy)
If the last round-up didn’t cut it for you – then THIS one will! I never realized there were so many things you could do with old t-shirts! And they look amazing!
Don’t forget to check out these other Canadian bloggers and their FiveOnFriday posts!
- Local to Edmonton, this mom is blogging about a little bit of everything. Things to do with the family, a simple DIY, or life as a family of 5 at Just Another Edmonton Mommy
- If you’re interested in making life simpler, and also honesty from a nerdy mom of three, check out Shawna from Simple on Purpose.
- Check out the blog that is basically all things in life at Eclectic Soapbox, because variety keeps it eclectic.
- Louise, of Surrey, B.C., shares about the reality of family life with some very energetic kids at Talk Nerdy To Me
- For everything and the kitchen sink that happens in life, check out Canadian Basics for your 5 on Friday for laughs and fun!
- Paula at Product Junkie