Here are my Five on Friday for Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. These are 5 things I’m thankful for:
1) The hardworking non-profit organizations like Environmental Defence, Ecojustice, the David Suzuki Foundation, Healthy Child Healthy World, and Environmental Working Group. I consider all of these to be excellent sources for accurate and well-researched information about environmental issues and healthy, toxin-free living.
2) The support of friends and family in raising my daughter. The saying that it takes a village to raise a child really rings true to me – especially with a highly sensitive child. We have been so blessed to have patient and understanding people around us.
3) The love moments that I get to treasure every day. Whether it’s a spontaneous hug from my daughter, coming home to my husband making dinner, an encouraging text from a friend, a sincere “thank you” from a stranger – these are the moments that make life meaningful.
4) The freedom we have in Canada to vote. It may sound cheesy, but I really am thankful that we have this right, and I will be exercising my right to vote in this federal election!
5) Camino Chocolate. I’m not kidding. I love this fair trade organic chocolate in biodegradable packaging. It has gotten me through many a rough day, night… week… my husband knows it’s what to bring home for me. You will not regret eating it. I promise.