Healthy Child Healthy World is a wonderful resource for anyone trying to get rid of toxins in their everyday life. Their Healthy Home Improvement infographic and ebook as well as pregnancy guides are just a few of their free available resources. Now they’ve put out a new ebook: Easy Steps to Safer Toys & Children’s Gear. This ebook is a resource like nothing I’ve ever seen – I wish I’d had it before I had my daughter! It is truly comprehensive, covering topics including:
- baby gear: pacifiers – natural rubber is your best bet; bottles and food handling – try to go with glass & stainless steel, avoid plastic and melamine, strollers and carseats
- toys and playthings: launder those stuffies!
- electronics: remember “distance is your friend” as I’ve learned in my research about wifi
- dressing up: clothes, accessories, and makeup
- art supplies: paint, markers, crayons, and clay can all be hazardous!
Considering that it’s a free resource, there is absolutely no reason you shouldn’t have a read!
They’ve also put together this fabulous infographic about where toxics can lurk in art supplies – something that may not ever cross your mind when you’re doing crafts with your kiddos!
Healthy Child also has a great article about the 5 Worst Ingredients in kids body care products.
For more information on choosing educational toys for your kids, check out this article from Brick Dave.