Giving Valentines usually involves candy, chocolate, and cards that end up in landfills pretty quickly. This year I wanted to come up with something useful for my daughter to give her preschool friends. I’ve started making my own purifying spray bottles with essential oils that I carry in my wallet and my purse, and I thought giving a little spray bottle as a valentine would be cute! With the help of my artist husband, I’ve made some cards and labels you can use to give your own little Lovebug Purifying Spray valentines.
DIY Purifying Spray materials:
- Glass Spray Bottle, 4ml (I’ve also ordered through here and here.)
- distilled water
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 drops of purifying essential oil (My favourite is Thieves blend. Other choices include eucalyptus, lemon, lemongrass, tea tree, lavender, oregano, thyme, peppermint, or clove.)
- Put a tiny amount of sea salt into the bottle.
- Drop in 1-2 drops of essential oil.
- Roll the oil and the salt around to dissolve the salt. (This will help the essential oils disperse in the water.)
- Fill the rest of the bottle up with distilled water.
- Put the cap on, shake, and use!
Use my Free Printable Labels to put on the spray bottles (I use these Avery White EcoFriendly Labels and cut them in half), then use my Free Printable Card (tiger dressed as a lovebug artwork courtesy of my artist husband) to put your spray bottles in! Cut on the solid lines to make an opening in the middle of the card to slide in the bottle. (Bonus points if you use recycled paper or cardstock!)
What are you giving out for Valentine’s Day?
(Disclosure: I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program, affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com & amazon.ca. This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase products via these links, a small percentage of the sale will be given to me at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting juicygreenmom.ca!)