I’ve signed up – now what?
1. Get familiar with your Virtual Office. Here’s a series of screenshots to help you understand How to Use Virtual Office.
Young Living Virtual Office login page: https://www.youngliving.com/vo/#/login
Important Information for Canadian members
- Canadians wholesale members have access to both Canadian (OTG) and US (NFR) Markets. If a product is available in the Canadian market, you cannot purchase it from the US market.
- Orders placed in the Canadian market are shipped as one shipment. If you order products from the US market as well, it will be a separate shipment.
2. Start using your oils! If you haven’t already, sign up for my free 14-Day Email course on Essential Oils 101. Here are some other great resources about using essential oils, and the oils in the Premium Starter Kit.
- How to Use Essential Oils
- What are Carrier Oils?
- 100+ Ways to Use Everyday Essential Oils-2 (pdf download)
Also check out my page on Using Essential Oils for DIY recipes that I have made.
3. Consider joining Essential Rewards (ER)
ESSENTIAL REWARDS (ER) is a monthly shipment program that allows you to earn points on your purchases, in order to redeem for free products in the future. You place an order every month (you can customize what you order before your processing date), and the points you earn on those monthly orders accumulate until you can start redeeming towards products. It’s a great way to replenish oils that you use more often (that would be Thieves and Peace & Calming in my house!), and get freebies!
This document from Young Living answers ALL your questions about using Essential Rewards in Canada, buying from the Canadian market and the US market.
Here are some ER FAQs:
1. Is it free to sign up for this program?
Yes and it is also optional.
2. What are the requirements?
You must spend 50 PV per month (or the most part, 1PV = $1USD)
3. Since it’s autoship, can I change my order every month or do I have to order the same thing?
You can change the products in your ER shopping cart each month and you can even change the shipping day as needed.
4. What are the benefits of the ER program?
You will receive 10%PV for every ER order between the 1-6th month of being on the program. Between 6 months and 1 year of being on the program, you will receive 15%!
And after you have been on the program for 1 year, you will receive 20%PV!!! Adds up quickly.
For example: if you are new to ER and you spend $100 in your ER order, you will receive 10PV back which translates to $10 you can use for free product.
5. How do I know how many points I have accumulated?
It is displayed in the New Virtual Office when you click on “Essential Rewards”. You can also call YL or use their live chat feature online.
They will ask for your member number and PIN number. Ask how many ER points you have. They are always helpful and nice!
6. How can I redeem my ER points?
Again, you can call or use live chat. You get to choose the products you want to redeem your points with.
7. Is there a max as to how many points I can redeem?
Yes, you may use up to 350 points at one time and no more than 350 points per month.
8. Any other tips?
Yes. You do have to pay for shipping, so I like to accumulate as many points as I can so that I can place one large order and only pay for shipping once as opposed to redeeming several smaller orders and paying for shipping for each order.
9. What if I want to cancel at any point?
We encourage you to redeem your points and then cancel your ER program. If you cancel before you redeem your points, you will lose what you have accumulated.
10. Is this program required in order to be a Young Living member?
Absolutely not. It is just a fantastic option for those that want to earn free oils.
Essential Rewards for Canadians
Canadians are special because we have the ability to make purchases in both the Canadian (OTG) and US (NFR) markets.
11. Do I need to make purchases in both markets every month?
No. You only need to make 1 purchase of 50PV or more in 1 market (either OTG or NFR). You CAN make a purchase in BOTH markets, but if you do so, you’ll need to make sure both purchases are 50PV or more. You will also pay for shipping for both orders – OTG products are shipped separately from NFR products. (Tip: I like to make a list of what products I need to stock up on or want to try, then choose to order from the OTG vs NFR markets on alternating months. This way I get one shipment of Canadian products one month (and pay for shipping once), then get a shipment of US products the next month (again paying for shipping once). This is also a good strategy if you’re wanting to reach the PV limits for monthly oil freebies (Canada and US have different offers every month for free products if your order is 190PV or more).