I am so honoured to get a nomination for a Liebster Award by fellow blogger Jillian @ Early Learning Planet. I didn’t even know it existed until she nominated me! How exciting! I am very proud to accept my Liebster Award and pass it along!
Here is what they are about:
Liebster Awards go to “up and coming” bloggers with less than 200 followers. The origins of this award are unclear and are simply given by fellow award nominees to blogs that inspire them and that they enjoy reading. “Liebster” means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome in German.
It is an honour to receive this and just knowing that someone appreciates my work is such a great feeling. I’ve worked hard at this blog, and although I am still growing I have learned so much! I remember When I first started out I was so worried that people wouldn’t like what I did, so I tried my hardest to do my best and here we are. It’s been a long process, but I know that it’s all been worth it. With the ways things are going I might start to look at getting the help of a professional with things like SEO, as I’ve heard it’s better to make sure that things are perfect at the start (and my knowledge about SEO is pretty limited). I don’t think I’m alone in this though, and there are plenty of other bloggers who are just starting off who know nothing about SEO (is this is the boat that you are in then you can Learn More here).
I know that I still have a long way to go, and I’m still learning though – I’ve spent many evenings looking at the best way that I can grow my blog, through things like backlinks, social media marketing… I remember learning about the different Instagram growth services and how they could benefit me if I chose to use them. All of this new knowledge has helped me so much and I’m so pleased with how things have turned out.
So thank you to everyone who read, commented and loved my blog. You are helping me make my dream a reality and now I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award!
When you get a Liebster Award nomination, you can choose to accept it by doing these things:
1. Share 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer 11 questioned posed by your nominator
3. Nominate 11 bloggers and pose the same 11 questions to them.
It is a very cool and exciting way to find fellow bloggers with similar or different interests!
11 facts about me:
1. I have super-sweet blood and am irresistible to mosquitoes (and perhaps vampires, but I haven’t encountered any yet).
2. My only sister is my best friend.
3. I have an online shopping addiction.
4. I got my scuba diving certification in Australia.
5. I have played piano, guitar, and violin.
6. I’m unfortunately allergic to shedding furry animals.
7. Bugs really gross me out. Even when they’re on Baby Einstein videos.
8. I used to read books in bed with a flashlight and get in trouble for it.
9. I have had eye surgery to get Implantable Corrective Lenses (my eyes were so bad I couldn’t get laser surgery, perhaps partly due to number 8 above).
10. I love sleeping. (Tough to come by in young motherhood.)
11. I am very scared of how to raise my kid right in the current state of the world.
1. What musical artist are you listening to these days? When I’m not listening to my toddler daughter’s music (usually Baby Einstein, Kindermusik or Disney/Pixar Cars soundtrack), I’ve been listening to more feel-good stuff like Jason Mraz and Jack Johnson.
2. If you could be any animal, what would you be? Why? A lamb, because that’s how my husband draws me (yes he’s an artist, and yes every family member has an animal that usually corresponds to their Chinese Zodiac year – though it doesn’t in my case).
3. What do you say when your (or someone else’s) kid asks you why the sky is blue? Blue is the perfect colour for the sky!
4. Favorite Food? Ice cream or french fries.
5. If $$ were no object, where would you travel on your next vacation? Ireland.
6. How do you like your eggs? Medium Eggs Benedict.
7. Favorite Reality TV Show? I’m a reality TV snob – I can’t stand them. Also we don’t have cable.
8. What was your very first job? Carlton Cards stationery store. I had a compulsive urge for a few years after that to straighten and reorganize cards in all other stores.
9. What book is on your nightstand right now? A paper book? I’ve been reading a lot of e-books lately! Just finished Life of Pi.
10. What’s your guilty pleasure? McDonald’s Filet-O-Fish sandwich. I know, it’s so wrong. Opposite of healthy, green and organic.
11. At what age is your earliest memory? I’ve told my family I remember running around saying “I’m 2!” and holding up 2 fingers. Not sure if that’s really true, though.
Blogs I am nominating
(I’m cheating a little bit with the number of followers bit, but trying to include blogs with smaller numbers. Also some of these have already been nominated but I like them so I’m including them in my list! Also I didn’t actually get to 11! Forgive me…):
Hope you get a chance to check out some of my fellow bloggers – there’s a lot of great ones out there! Thanks again for the nod, Jillian @ Early Learning Planet!