My first encounter with My Whole Food Life recipes was her Blueberry Chia Jam, which she adapted from another blogger, eatgood4life. The recipe boggled my mind because it was so simple – 3 ingredients. I had never made jam before because it seemed like such an arduous process, pectin is completely foreign to me, and my friends who made jam told me they put a ton of sugar in it. So – my daughter has never eaten jam. I felt like I was denying her something by only giving her peanut butter, and no jam to go with it. Well!!! She is denied jam no more!
She adores strawberries and it’s the season for them right now, so I made my very first strawberry jam and it is a hit!
- 1 cup sliced fresh organic strawberries (thawed frozen strawberries would work too)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (I used Prana black ground chia seeds)
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a magic bullet or blender.
- Pulse until everything is well mixed.
- Put the mixture in a covered container and refrigerate for several hours to let it thicken up. Then – enjoy!
So far I have used mine for peanut butter and strawberry jam on crackers (Late July – the healthy version of Ritz), rice cakes (Suzie’s Thin Cakes), and on a spelt tortilla to make a snack quesadilla.
My daughter’s new favourite snack: these crackers with organic peanut butter and strawberry chia jam! (If you like rhubarb, you should also try my strawberry rhubarb jam!)
(Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase products via these links, a small percentage of the sale will be given to me at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting juicygreenmom.ca!)