Strawberry Rhubarb Chia Jam
This recipe is a variation on the super-easy Strawberry Chia Jam. The addition of rhubarb is perfect for rhubarb season (my rhubarb plant has exploded for the second time this summer). Rhubarb is also a vegetable, and since my daughter doesn’t eat a whole lot of vegetables, this jam is an easy way to get a bit of veggie in her diet! I need to credit My Whole Food Life for sharing her Blueberry Chia Jam (adapted from eatgood4life), and her Strawberry Rhubarb Sorbet from which I got the basic rhubarb stew recipe. See my previous post for instructions on the rhubarb stew.
- 1 cup sliced fresh organic strawberries (thawed frozen strawberries would work too)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (ground or whole)
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup rhubarb stew (see instructions in my previous post)
- Put ingredients (strawberries, rhubarb stew, maple syrup, chia seeds) into a magic bullet or blender.
- Pulse until everything is well mixed.
- Put the mixture in a covered container and refrigerate for several hours to let it thicken up. Then enjoy!
(Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase products via these links, a small percentage of the sale will be given to me at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting juicygreenmom.ca!)