Customizable Fruit Crumble Recipe with Ingredients via The Organic Box
I’ve been getting the seasonal BC Best Bag from The Organic Box the last few weeks, featuring the best fruit straight from BC. It’s awesome because it changes from week to week depending on what’s in season, so I can always expect a variety. Combining some of that fruit with the bounty from my own garden, I have quite a lot to work with! So I wanted to come up with a base recipe that I could use regardless of the fruit involved.
I think I’ve got it! Here’s my customizable fruit crumble recipe!
- 4 cups of chopped fruit of your choice (I have tried peaches, apricots, cherries, strawberries, rhubarb)
- 1/4 cup organic coconut palm sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 1/4 cups flour (I’ve used organic spelt flour from One Degree Organics, and organic soft white wheat flour from Gold Forest Grains)
- 1 cup organic coconut palm sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- organic whipped cream (optional)
- Grease a 9″ x 13″ baking dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Put your diced fruit into the baking dish and toss with the 1/4 cup of sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, sea salt).
- Dump dry ingredient mix evenly over the fruit in the baking dish.
- Pour melted butter all over the mix.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with organic whipped cream if desired (I love Rock Ridge Dairy’s whipping cream).
All the ingredients from the recipe are available through The Organic Box, which makes it super easy to throw together with whatever fruit I get in the box as well!
Note: I do adjust the amount of sugar depending on the sweetness of the fruit I’m using.
What’s your favourite fruit crumble recipe?
(Disclosure: I received a credit from The Organic Box towards products to facilitate this post. No other compensation was received.)