Do you have shoes that hurt your feet? Instead of getting rid of them and contributing to footwear waste, maybe all you need are some moldable footbeds to make them comfortable!
SOLE is a company based out of Calgary, Alberta, that offers a pretty groundbreaking product in terms of function and sustainability!
SOLE produces a whole line of footbeds made from recycled cork! ReCORK collects discarded wine corks to create recycled cork to replace the use of fossil fuel based foam in these footbeds – making them a much healthier choice for your feet and the environment. Why is cork so awesome?
- Cushioning: Cork’s natural elasticity offers great shock absorption.
- Customizable: Cork can be molded naturally to your feet within a few days of wear.
- Supportive: Cork is firm enough to provide support that lasts longer than foam.
- Naturally moisture-wicking and odor-reducing
My husband and I got some SOLE footbeds to try out! I was intrigued by the use of cork in footwear, and of course I loved the idea of a sustainable material. When we first received them, and I saw on the box that it recommended putting them in the oven on low heat for a few minutes before putting them in our shoes, I felt like that was sooo much effort. (What can I say, I’m lazy about things like that.) But when I finally did to the trouble of using them, I was so happy I did!
I put my SOLE footbeds into shoes that were getting really worn in the soles. I followed the instructions on the box to use them:
- trim to size to make sure they’ll fit
- put them in the oven for 2 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 200F (there’s a sticker on the sole with a dot that turns black when it’s at the right temp!)
- place them inside my shoes
- put my feet into my shoes, stand up straight and stay there for about 2 minutes
I’m really excited that there’s a Canadian brand making customizable footbeds out of sustainable materials! And especially excited that they work so well in addition to being a great environmentally friendly product.
What shoes are you going to put some SOLE footbeds in?
(Disclosure: I am a member of SOLE’s affiliate program. I received footbeds from SOLE at no cost in order to facilitate this review. This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase products via these links, a small percentage of the sale will be given to me at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting juicygreenmom.ca!)