I’ve made a few DIY creams since starting to dabble in the world of DIY beauty – it’s been really fun to experiment and customize my own products! I’ve been making my own creams and body butters and playing around with different combinations of essential oils. I think I have a good winner here!
This recipe uses the same base as my DIY Dry Skin Relief Cream, with a different mix of essential oils. I’ve included some Young Living essential oils that are now registered under Health Canada as Natural Health Products, that are known to help relieve eczema. These include Young Living’s Helichrysum, Marjoram, Bergamot, and Myrrh essential oils.
- 1 cup shea butter
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vegetable glycerine
- 1/2 tsp vitamin E oil
- 10 drops Lavender essential oil
- 10 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 7 drops Tea Tree essential oil
- 7 drops Helichrysum essential oil
- 5 drops Manuka essential oil
- 5 drops Myrrh essential oil
- 5 drops Marjoram essential oil
- 5 drops Geranium essential oil
- 5 drops Bergamot essential oil
- Melt the shea butter and coconut oil in a double boiler over low heat.
- Once melted, add the remaining ingredients and stir to mix.
- Let the mixture cool at room temperature.
- Once firm (but not rock hard), use a hand mixer to get a whipped consistency.
I gave some of these away as gifts, but had to keep some for myself. It is sooooo smooth and luxurious. I hope you like this Skin Loving DIY Body Butter with Essential Oils as much as I do!
What is your favourite DIY body butter recipe?
(Disclosure: I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program, affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com & amazon.ca. This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase products via these links, a small percentage of the sale will be given to me at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting juicygreenmom.ca!)